Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Australia Day!

So, Australia Day was on Saturday, and we celebrated by going out for Chinese that evening, which was delicious, but not as delicious as the Aussie burger I enjoyed on Sunday evening. I shared this joyful tradition with Nick and his parents, although all three of them were too sissy to try it the right way - egg, beetroot, and pineapple (mine also included cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce, it doesn't get much better than that!). Advance Australia Fair!

This morning we had our second Doctor's visit and everythings seems to be just fine. It is always such a relief to hear the baby's heartbeat. I am now 13.5 weeks, and am a member of the second trimester club, although I'm still waiting for a day that I feel fantastic. I really can't complain too much, I am able to do everything I want to, as long as I take a moment to rest every once in awhile. My mornings are wonderful, but then after lunch things seem to go downhill until I am so excited to go to bed at night just so I can wake up feeling good again. I am able to eat a wider variety of foods again (like orange juice, vegetables, and eggs), which is exciting. Ellie knows that there is a baby in Mom's tummy, but I don't think she has any kind of a clue what that really means.

Ellie amazes me with the things she learns. She loves to play with play-doh and told me the other day that she had made a 'rock'. Her favorite meal is noodles and she requests them every day for lunch and dinner. She is always carrying a book and I hear all day long, "read it?" I love being her mom.

No comments: