Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer: Week 3

 Have I mentioned before that I LOVE summer?  I really, really do.  I love that I get to make my very own schedule, and I keep my schedule flexible and simple, cause that's the way I like it.  I love that the kids play together all day long and use their imaginations.  Yep, I have "summer house", but I'm ok with that too.  I love the down days as much as the busy, fun days.

I got to spend some time with these three cute girlie-os:

They were thrilled to get some Dippin' Dots (simple pleasures, people):
 The cousin got some too, it's just hidden in this photo.

 The girls were good company, and the play was fantastic!

Here is my Everett boy:
 He tells me about every day that he's going to build a helicopter or airplane that really flies.  He gets so excited about it.  I love it.  He took apart this remote control car and was going to use the parts to build something that flies.  I have no doubt that someday, he's going to do just that.

So, we've had some exciting news this last week.  Nick got offered a new job!  He's excited about the new opportunities and the new commute (15 minutes instead of 1.25 hours - I think I may be more excited than Nick about this!).  This company invited our family to their summer family day at Lagoon.  Uh, yeah!!  What a perfect introduction to their great company!  They provided the tickets, lunch, matching t shirts, and even a fanny pack!  :)

We had such a blast!  It was crowded and we waited in line most of the day, but even despite that, it was such a fun day!  The kids were so content and just having fun together.  There wasn't much complaining, either!  Daisy was just tall enough to go on most of the rides with us, which was perfect!

 Ah, love my honey.

This was after getting soaked on Rattlesnake Rapids, which was the favorite:
 In fact, at the end of the day when the lines for this ride started dying down, we went again and again!  I don't think we had a dry spot on us.

 See the fanny pack?  It makes me laugh, but I tell you what, I'll be wearing that thing again!  So handy!


 My Daisy is a character!

Maren got the bravery award for the day.  She wanted to ride all the fast, scary rides with Dad!  (side note:  I wanted to ride the fast, scary rides with Dad too, but ya know, kids...)

Nick and I told the kids at 9 we were ready to go get some dinner and go home, but the lines were finally getting shorter, and we just couldn't resist!  I'm glad we stayed a bit longer, I'd say that was the best hour in the park!  Finally at 10 we convinced the kids it was time to go home and go to bed!  One of my most favorite days of summer so far.

But before that:
We spray painted some t shirts.  Easy and fun!

Father's Day:
 The decorations are thanks to the girls.  They are great party planners!  

We sure love this guy!

We continued the celebration that evening with my family.  The kids were THRILLED to find that Grandma and Grandpa have kittens!  They smothered the cute little things with love all evening long:

 I'd be tempted to bring one home with us except that Nick tells me he's allergic.  My poor, pet deprived children.

Grandpa is the best!

No comments: