Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Weekend

 Happy Spring Break!  The kids are playing happily outside (so perfect out there today!), I'll take this moment to blog about our weekend.

But first, this:
Very pretty, Lu!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, life happens on the weekends.  Very true for our family right now, and especially with Nick in school.  We love the family time we get on the weekends!

We went for a walk on Friday evening:


This weekend was extra special because it was General Conference.  I don't know many things, but I do know this:  I am a child of God.  He knows me perfectly and He loves me.  He has a plan for all mankind, but also a plan for me individually.  He loves my family and wants us to succeed, to be happy.  I felt this and so many other things as I listened to the leaders of our church and prophets of God.  Yes, prophets on the earth!  I'm always so sad when conference weekend is over.

We have the best neighbors on the planet.  They brought us a huge, overflowing bag full of projects for the kids to keep them excited and happy about conference and busy during.  Seriously, how cool is that?  Another neighbor brought us over cinnamon rolls.  I live around very thoughtful, generous people.  I'm so grateful for their love and example!  

Here's Lu with one of the activities: 

And a different activity:

While listening to conference and between sessions on Saturday, Nick and I played in our garden.  It felt so good to be in the dirt!  Or soil, if you're Nick.  It's all dirt to me.

Sunday we enjoyed the last session of conference at the farm.  The kids were happy to share their activities with their cousins.

Silly Daisy:

It was a perfect day and we spent as much time as we could outside enjoying it!  Of course, four-wheeler rides:

And lots of trampoline and cousin time:

And a trip around the farm:



Cuties.

No comments: