Monday, December 21, 2009

Temple Square

I have wonderful memories from my youth of my family's annual trip to Temple Square to see the lights. This is a tradition I'd like to continue with my own kids, and we made the trek on Friday evening. It was not the relaxing, cold but pleasant night out I had imagined, but I think we still managed to have a good time. Our adventure started when Maren got a little carsick as we pulled off the freeway. We cleaned her up, and then re-bundled her as best we could, but I still think she was cold and a bit miserable. Poor baby. To add to the chaos, Temple Square was PACKED. I was not in the mood to wait in line to hear the nativity story, or to take my kids to see the Christus. Next year, we'll be going on a Tuesday. The girls didn't care though...they loved looking at all the different nativities and seeing all the twinkling lights. And, it is a beautiful place.
Here is our little trooper, "mooing" like a cow.

No comments: