Monday, December 31, 2007

New Life

So I am ready to publish the news: we are expecting a new addition to our family!! Yeah! Baby Johnson is due around the very end of July/beginning of August. This morning I had my first prenatal visit, and I got to hear the heartbeat! It was a huge relief to know that the baby is alive and growing. A little grape-sized miracle! We are very excited to say the least.

This last week has been great. Christmas was wonderful. We enjoyed opening presents as a family - Ellie really got into it this year and wanted to open every present under the tree. She was disappointed when we were done. Her favorite new toys are a dish cupboard (one that I had when I was little - Nick and I refinished it), plastic dishes, a new baby doll, and a grocery cart from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. We spent that evening with the Johnson family. On Wednesday we joined the Brown family at Strawberry cabin. Ellie loved playing with cousins and sledding. It was nice to get away for awhile and relax and spend time with family. All but a brother and a sister were there at one time or another (hey, 10 out of 12 ain't bad!). We played games, watched movies, and ate really good food. You know, the important things...

We came home Friday evening and spent Saturday setting up storage shelves (our Christmas present from our parents) in our future storage room. We've lived here now for a year and a half and most things in the basement haven't moved since that time. We are all pumped to get it organized. Yeah for basements!

Ellie with new baby doll Christmas morning.
Ellie in the tub with cousin Aspen at the cabin. Ellie and mom sledding.

1 comment:

Pemblemily said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited that you'll be having a baby.