The boy had a birthday over the weekend. We had a blast celebrating him!
Every once in a while I pull something awesome out of my head:
The boy's first birthday surprise: a balloon shower.
We had French toast for breakfast, one of his faves:
And then, since his birthday was on a Saturday, we started the day by opening presents, so he could play with them all weekend long. And, he did.
That is a Wii U game. Our family has finally joined the video gamers throng (we are very entry level gamers - we have no idea what we are doing). The boy was thrilled, but we all enjoyed the morning playing games in our pajamas.
We went to see the new Lego Batman movie (it was good, but not as good as the Lego Movie, in my opinion).
And then to Chuck A Rama.
On Sunday, we had our traditional "fancy" Valentine's dinner. Nick was doing a balsamic reduction and the kids thought that was the grossest smell they've ever smelled. I told the kids that if they didn't like it they could go outside. The kids had other ideas. Their solution:
Ha ha! Kids are so funny!
Everett was told that if we did Chuck A Rama for his birthday dinner, he'd have to do birthday cake the next day. He was cool with that:
Isn't his cake awesome? That came out of his head, he's been telling me about it for weeks now. He wanted a Lego guy falling down a waterfall. :) He wanted to put his jet on it as well, but it was too big, so he made a tower for it. I LOVE this kid. I'm so glad we have him.
Our "fancy" dinner this year:
Yummy steak dinner/barbecued chicken with homemade pretzel rolls and cheesy/veggie spread (with the offending balsamic reduction). And bubbly. That makes any meal fancy. It was all delicious.
My girls dressed up for the event:
They make me smile. :)
And then, we had cake and ice cream:
Have I already mentioned how much I love this kid? We have a lot of girl stuff going on here, so I'm so glad to have this boy in the middle of it all. He's not really into sports, which is super fine with us. He IS into building and being creative and using that awesome brain of his. I can just see the wheels turning. He gets so excited about something, and jumps right in, whether that's drawing, folding origami, or building with Legos, K'nex, or Zoobs. He is happy and just plain fun to be around. Plus, he still likes mom snuggles. And, he asks to be tickled. Cool kid.
I took my two winter birthdays to take photos. Yep, you wanna see:

















1 comment:
Looks like a fun weekend for all! Wow, Ellie is looking so grown up. She's always been a beauty. Good job on the pics, they look great!
Post a Comment