Hello Friends! We've been busy celebrating this wonderful Christmas season!
I love this time of year!
We'd heard awesome things about the Alpine Living Nativity. We decided we had to give it a try. Yep, it was pretty cool, and also freezing, but they give you hot chocolate at the end, so it's all good. Lainey is now convinced that the 'real' Mary has blonde hair, and she knows the baby Jesus is "so cute!" because she's seen him. :)
We loved the camels!
Our ward party had a special visitor:
Daisy's not feeling so sure about this stranger with the big fake beard. I was impressed she wanted to give him a try! She said she wants nail polish for Christmas.
This little lady was feeling shy too. She wants lots of candy. Go figure. She is my sugar girl.
Missy wants a furby. I don't even know really what a furby is. All I know is that they look like a big waste of money. Santa's going to see what he can do.
Everett is turning more and more silly. Just look at that face! He told Santa he wanted a cat. A real one. Santa tried to convince him otherwise, telling him that cats poop and how about a stuffed one that you could sleep with? Good job, Santa, good job.
Ellie is apparently too old for Santa. She didn't even come in the room. Sniff, sniff, kids growing up. She is still a believer, though, she can just see right through this guy's facade.
Found this picture of my boys:
I'm pretty sure Nick wanted it on the blog. :) Love this man of mine, and that crazy boy too! By the way, early Merry Christmas to me! He's on school break right now! An adult to talk to at the end of the day! It might just help me get back to being a normal person again! I miss him when he's in school.
My momma had her annual Christmas party, which we all look forward to.
Cutie cousins:
We always do a talent show. This year my girls both played a Christmas song on the piano. That can be tough! I'm so proud of them for doing it despite feeling nervous and pushing on through when they may have played a few wrong notes. Piano playing is not for the faint of heart!
And, of course, the Nativity:
My big girls love this. Ellie always asks to be an angel, Maren always asks to be Mary. Everett is also there as a shepherd, and Lainey is a wise man. Oh, and new addition this year - Holstein cows!
Kids decorated cookies:
And then, lots of relaxing, chatting, eating, playing games and just enjoying family. Thank you, mom! It was wonderful, as always.
In our family, we rotate names every Christmas among us 12 siblings. There are some siblings you really look forward to because they have amazing talents that they are known to share for Christmas. This year, this sister had my name:
Not only does she have many amazing talents, she's a bit quirky too, which I love about her. :)
Anyway, she is an amazingly talented woodworker, and made us these incredible walking/hiking sticks:
I should have taken close up photos of the detail that went into these babies. Every stick is different. Daisy has daisies and fairies. Lu's has princesses. Everett has snakes and bats and spiders. Maren's has geckos. Ellie's has butterflies. Mine has a mama bear with 5 cute little cubs down the side. Nick's has a papa bear with 5 paw prints down the side.
I can't forget my favorite part - mine also has Winnie the Pooh on it. That is meaningful to me because when I was young, I got the nickname of Winnie the Pooh from my family (I was named after my great grandma Winnie, and my name was almost Winnie instead of Wendy - thank heavens it's not!! ;). Apparently, I'd tell people my name was Winnie the Pooh, or just Pooh, and my older siblings would call me that. They still do sometimes, and it has become a term of endearment for me. I love that they remember that. And, I love that I was given a walking stick with Winnie the Pooh on it as a reminder of that. :)
Always a silly one:
We can't wait to get out in the mountains and give them a try!















No comments:
Post a Comment