I am binding a quilt that my mom made for Maren, lucky girl. It is beautiful. My sister did the quilting. Since I was a little girl, my mom would put something productive in my hands during conference (I particularly remember doing fabric paint on dishcloths), and that tradition has continued.
And it's not just me - here are my neices cross-stitching.
And the men have traditions of their own... My dad, Jonathan, and below, Nick - all sleeping.
Ellie LOVED playing with her cousin Aspen, and especially enjoyed playing on the swingset and trampoline. Here's some cool shots from below the trampoline:
The girls had to check out the cows (who did not want to check out the girls...go figure).
The most fun, for me, was playing Ultimate Frisbee with my neices and nephews. The boys pretty much clobbered the girls, but who was keeping score? (Okay, the boys were...I think the final score was 30-something to about 10-something)
My cute parents, looking mighty proud of their posterity (as they watched Ultimate, no less):
And Maren, taking a nap on Uncle Jeremy.
What a fun day! Oh, and it was somewhat spiritually uplifting, too.

2 comments:
Wendy, you have the funnest family! Your parents are some of the nicest people I have ever known. You are too cute!Ilove seeing all of the happenings of your life.
I love the sleeping men and working women. So typical! :)
Post a Comment